January 27, 2011

come out, come out, and let me go in

here are a few pieces from my show in December. a few originals are still available (along with prints) in my shop!

you are everyone in your dreams, colored pencil & graphite on 9"x9" bristol
get back to nature, graphite & colored pencil on 9"x9" bristol
keep me close, ink and colored pencil on 5"x5" bristol

i usually work with ink, so switching to colored pencils for these pieces was a bit intimidating for me- my main worry was that i wouldn't be able to blend the colors as easily, which ended up being a valid concern.

filling in the skull was daunting. although i was left with sore/useless fingers, i really enjoyed layering colors to sew the separate sections of bone together.

warmth/winter,
m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...